Saturday, October 5, 2013

Scorpion Costume

A little while back I got an odd request from my sister Tiffany. She wanted to know if I could make a scorpion costume for my nephew Carter. He is the mascot for my other nephew, Gavin's football team. After throwing around some ideas with Tiff we came up with the plan. I made a pattern and completed and shipped the project within a few day.


What do you think? Does he look like a scorpion? I used black jersey knit fabric. I stuffed the legs, claws and stinger with poly-fill batting. Carter will also be sporting this adorable getup for Halloween. I also made a peacock costume for his sister Renee but you will have to come back and see that later.

If you would like a copy of the pattern send me an email (briellekennington@gmail.com). There is a $5.00 fee to cover the supplies and shipping costs. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any other pics showing more of the stinger?

Unknown said...

I don't sorry. I made it for my sister and then sent it off to her. She is a photographer so I didn't take any pictures. I figured she would once she got it :) If you are interested in the pattern let me know.

Anonymous said...

I would like the pattern!

Unknown said...

Anonymous commenter. I'd be happy to send you the pattern. Please email me briellekennington@gmail.com I don't really have a way to contact you since you weren't signed in when you commented. I hope this message reaches you.
~Brielle

Anonymous said...

my son has been begging for a scorpion costume and I just seem to be finding "mortal combat" scorpion costumes:( Would love this pattern!! my email is turtlequeenmama@embarqmail.com

Anonymous said...

How did you are the stinger stay up and not just fall to the ground?

Unknown said...

We used a safety pin and pinned it to his shirt at the shoulder.

Scorpion Costume Kids said...

She wanted to know if I could make a scorpion costume for my ... scostumekids.blogspot.com