Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hedgehog Costumes

A few months ago out of the blue my three year old requested to be a hedgehog for Halloween. I was really surprised. I didn't know he even knew what a hedgehog was. I thought he might change his mind so I didn't really think too much about it. He is a consistent little guy and never wavered on his determination to be a hedgehog for Halloween. At first I tried to think of how I would go about making his costume by myself. I just couldn't picture it. Then I searched pinterest and typed in a lot of different things into google and found Dahlhart Lane. Malinda already made an adorable hedgehog costume for one of her little guys. It was exactly what I was looking for. I found her Etsy shop and started communicating with her. Long story short, she is really awesome and sent me a pattern she made. She is working on converting all her costumes into patterns right now. I will be giving her some feedback for her pattern. It was wonderful working with her and I'm also a big fan of her site now.

Austin and Bennett couldn't be happier. They want to wear their costumes all the time now. Pretty much they just take them off to eat and sleep because I make them. We have been fortunate with the weather recently. It has been nice and cool 75 degrees or so instead of 90.

So now the big reveal..........





































Sewing on those spikes took FOREVER...but they really do love their costumes and it makes me happy to see them enjoying being hedgehogs. Sorry for so many pictures. I'm still having fun getting to know my new camera lens. I also couldn't narrow it down. They are just so stinking cute!

4 comments:

Larissa (Weyandt) Hoover said...

These are so cute Brielle!! I LOVE them!

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

They are just so stinking cute! They seem to feed off each other because they are both hedgehogs now!

erika @ life unfluffed said...

I can't even handle the cuteness.

Unknown said...

How did you come up with this? ADORABLE!!