I left the straw wreath form in the plastic wrapping so it would keep it's shape better. Then I applied some quick dry glue onto a section and wrapped it. I did a few layers of yarn so the whole thing was covered.
When I finished wrapping it I tied the end to another strand of yarn and placed a dab of glue on it to keep the knot from coming un done.
I made the flowers out of lace. I bought it in the ribbon section by the yard. I bought one yard of each kind. To make the flower I just stitched them by hand. I used a basting stitch the whole length of the ribbon. Then I pulled it tight and it gave it a nice ruffled flower effect.
The pearls are buttons. The pink pearls in the cluster are actually beads. I just hot glued them onto each flower before I put them on the wreath.
HINT* If you are using beads like I did remember to glue the part of the bead so that the hole that is used to string them together isn't showing. You can see the hole in the upper left corner of this flower. You really can't tell when it is hanging on my door. It bothers me though so I thought I would give you a heads up.
The next pictures are yellow because of the light outside my apartment. There isn't any natural light out there.
Horray! A nice wreath to replace my Christmas Wreath. I will leave this beauty up until the end of February.
Leave me a comment if you have any questions. I got all my supplies at Joanns Fabric and Crafts. Thanks for stopping by.