Thursday, March 4, 2010

I found a new use for fabric scraps

I was trying to decide if I wanted to work on a quilt or make cards one evening. I couldn't choose so I decided to do both. Let me show you what I mean.

 

I cut the pieces out with scissors and then glued them onto my cardstock. 

It is a simple design but getting the pieces the right size took some time and they were tricky to work with since they were so small.

 

I added some lavender card-stock on the inside and stamped a sentiment. The next card I did is my favorite of the two. Get ready.......


 
 
I cute four strips of fabric. Since they were a little larger, 1x4 inches, I was able to use my rotary cutter. I secured them with white brads.
 

To make the flower I cut several circles by hand and then sewed them together, securing it with a button. I tried to get the fabric to pucker a little in the back to give it more dimension instead of it laying flat.
One more picture

 

Tadaaaaaa....


No comments: