Saturday, April 23, 2011

You can do it


If you have been wanting to make some cards but didn't know where to start this would be a good card to tackle first. 

All you would need is cardstock, glue, ribbon, a stamp and ink (or a regular computer printer) and a paper cutter (mine is a 12 x 12 fiscars rotary paper slicer).

I took my 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and I cut it in half. Then I folded the cardstock to make my card base. Then I stamped my feather onto a cream colored cardstock and I ran my ink pad along the edge of the square. Then I clued it to a brown piece of cardstock. I also took scissors and used the blade to rough up the edges by running the blade along the edge. Then I stamped the sentiment at the bottom and tied a ribbon onto the card. It didn't take long at all. 

If you don't have access to ink or stamps then you can use your computer. This is how I started out. Instead of stamping the sentiment right onto the paper you would print the sentiment on cardstock and then cut it out and glue it to the card. You can find all sorts of free graphics on the Internet. There are also sites out there that sell digital stamps so you can download them and reprint them over and over again. Some of them you can even color.

So what are you waiting for? Stop spending a fortune on lame cards from the store and gather up some supplies and start creating. You can send me pictures of your card creations and I"ll post them here on my blog. briellekennington@gmail.com Just include your name and some details about the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: