Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cheesecake Tarts

I don't really know what else to call these. I made up another recipe. I like to make treats for my husband to take into work for Holidays. This is what I came up with for Thanksgiving.


I used tart pans to make little pie crusts. Then I filled each crust with no bake cheesecake filling and topped each one with Cherry pie filling. The hardest part was making the little crusts and they weren't really hard...just time consuming. I couldn't find a recipe anywhere that I really liked that much so I improvised. Here is the recipe for you.

Cheesecake Tarts
  • 2 8 oz packages cream cheese (softened)
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 small container of whipped topping
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 can cheery pie filling. (I like the kind with a lot of fruit in it)

Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Then beat in whipped topping on medium speed. Beat for 2 minutes or until well blended. Scrap sides of the bowl during the 2 minutes of beating. Then place the filling in the fridge.


The crust is just regular pie crust.  I found the recipe on allrecipes.com.

Pie Crust
  • 1 cup vegetable shortening
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup cold water
Mix shortening, flour, and salt together with a fork or a pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much water as needed to hold together, and mix lightly with a fork.  

I rolled my pie crust out on waxed paper that was dusted with flour. Then I took my tart pans and placed them on the crust. I cut the pie crust around each pan about an inch larger then the edges of the pan. Then I placed each pie crust into the tart pans. Just gently press it into the bottom and then sides. Then you use your fingers and the edge of the pan to take off the excess crust. Poke holes in the bottom and sides of the crust before placing it in the oven so it doesn't get air pockets and loose it's shape. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. When they are done baking and cooling fill each crust with the filling and top with a cherry.


This batch will make enough for 48. If you want a smaller batch just cut the recipe in half. But everyone will want to eat more then one because they are soooo...yummy!


And there you have it...Brielle's Cheesecake Tarts.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

yummy!!!

Erin said...

those look so good!

Jesica said...

These tarts were amazing!! Today Jeff brought in your tasty peanut-butter-chocolate-fudge goodness and I'm in heaven. I wanted to bring Brandon home a piece but I don't think it'll last the rest of the day :)