Sunday, June 3, 2012

Graduation Money Card


I got the idea for this card here.  I couldn't find the original website or any instructions I I just made my own variation. Start with a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 piece of cardstock.  Mine is white but you can do it in whatever color the graduate's school colors are.  Then you will score the cardstock at 1/2 inch, 1 7/8 inch, 4 5/8 inch and 6 inches.  You will have four score lines when you finish scoring.  Next I used four photo corner stickers on the inside.  I just used a $20.00 bill to gauge where to place them.


I cut a piece of cardstock 2 x 2 inches.  I put an eyelet in the center and I threaded the tassel through.  I used thread and wrapped it around three of my fingers to make my tassel.  I'm no tassel making expert so I don't have good instructions but you can look here to see instructions.  I put a dab of quick drying glue on the top corner of the card.  If you put it on both sides you won't be able to open the card.  Then I used a small 3/4 inch piece of cardstock to wrap around the card to hold it in place.  The great thing about these cards is they are easy to make and they are super cute. Oh and what better gift to give a recent graduate than money? :)

1 comment:

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

I need to order some of these. Graduation, wedding and baby births money cards. Shows how lazy I am.