Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fathers Day Card & Treat

This year for Fathers day I'm keeping it simple. We bought a house a month ago so we don't really have any extra money to get my husband a grill or a big tv or anything like that.  He will have to settle for a cute fathers day card and some treats :)


I can't take credit for the idea of the Soda and the candy. I did know that I wanted to do something like this but I ended up browsing pinterest instead of having to think about it myself. There are three links to three different pins.


I was going to print out my sentiments but I thought it would make it a little more personal to have it in my hand writing. I really really really really really really really don't like my handwriting but my husband has told me before that he does. It is his day so I thought he'd like like this.


"Pop"....get it?


This jar used to have spaghetti sauce in it.  I always have a few jars on hand. They are great for gifts, toy and craft storage.



Why are there three? I made one for my husband, Dad and Father-in-law. 


I used metal brads to give the look of the buttons on a white dress shirt. 


 The Fathers Day Tie Cards are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch. 


 I had my three year old son stamp on a piece of white cardstock and then I cut it out in the tie shape.


There are a lot of Fathers Day tie cards floating around out there but I did come up with this one on my own. I made myself a tie template and then wrapped a 3/4 inch strip of cardstock around the top of the tie. If you don't have any brads you can use buttons.  I made about twenty of these to sell. It was a lot of fun.  If only the ties I made really were from my husband's closet :)

Happy Fathers Day


No comments: