Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY 3D Paper Star Ornaments

It has been a lot of fun making so many different kinds of ornaments. I'm sticking with a Shabby Chic theme but all of these ornaments can be altered to fit your decorating style. I love working with paper. I think it is my favorite thing to work with, or maybe icing or fabric. But it is ONE of my favorites :) I found the tutorial for this star on Little Birdie Secrets.

I make my star shape in Windows. I put six on an 8.5x11 page. I printed them directly onto my decorative cardstock. I scored my paper on the back of the pattern instead. I wanted my creases to be raised. I think it makes it seem more dimensional. 
 
 I used heavy weight cardstock. The blue and brown also have some texture to them.

Instead of gluing ribbon onto the back, I punched a hole and then put twine through it. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

I really like these. I may have to make some.