Friday, November 23, 2012

DIY Clay Christmas Ornaments

I feel like I need to post something to redeem myself from my last post. I have been really busy making ornaments for our church Christmas Tree decorating Contest. Each auxiliary has a tree to decorate and then they will judge the trees at the Christmas party. I was nominated to decorate the tree for the Relief Society, women organization.


I found THIS tutorial on pinterest. It was really easy to follow and my four year old son was able to help me with some parts of it.



Like most things I do, even if I follow a tutorial or pattern I add my own little twist.


After I rolled out my dough I used my cuttlebug embossing folder and pressed the raised part into the dough. Then I cut out each heart with a cookie cutter.
 

After they were finished cooking and cooling, I used Acrylic paint and a sponge brush to add some color. I just tried to keep the paint on the raised part of the design so the pattern really popped.





The recipe makes a lot. I'm glad I didn't double it. I had plenty of dough and I made more ornaments then are pictures.  


What do you think? Did I redeem myself?

4 comments:

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

Definitely Redeemed.

Deanna said...

super cute!!! What recipe did you use for the clay? :)

Unknown said...

There is a link in the post to the recipe I used.

Unknown said...

I click on the link...and it say I wasn't invites to red this blog or something