Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm a cheater


I like to make the focal point of my cards stand out by adding some dimension. I do this by raising the image instead of adhering it directly to the card. Let me show you what I mean.

 

Can you see how they pop out? Most card makers buy the product pictured below to accomplish this effect. 

I cheat. I don't want to have to pay for foam dots. I just use a piece of cardboard.


I got this cardboard from a box of diapers. I just keep a few pieces in my scrap bin on my crafting desk. 

 

I cut as many pieces as I think I will need. I probably could have just used two for this image. You don't have to cover the entire back with cardboard.

 
Next I put my Mono Tumbo Adhesive on BOTH sides of the cardboard. I put the cardboard on the back of my image. Then I placed the image on my card.

You can see how it looks up close from the side. If I wouldn't have shown you I don't think you would have noticed it was cardboard under there.

 

There you go! Now you know my secret. I don't like to spend more money then I have to and now you don't have to either. 


No comments: