Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bring on the Texture


There are many times when I use the phrase "adds great texture". Some of you may not know exactly what that means so I'll explain. Instead of using the same supplies for a card with the same surface I like to mix it up. For example. Making a card using only cardstock isn't necessarily bad but the entire surface of the card feels and looks the same. When you add texture to a card you just need to choose one or two things that aren't made of the same material as the rest of the card ie. ribbon...embossed cardstock...even patterned paper can give an illusion of texture. Adding texture to a card gives it more dimension and more interest. Another great trick is to use ink to give a textured interesting look. I like to use ink for more then stamping sentiments. I like to put ink on the sides of my cardstock to make it pop off the background. I also like to rub ink on my cardstock after I emboss it with my Cuttlebug embossing folder. So give it a try. Think outside the box and dig through your craft box to find some things that might add some texture to your craft project.

No comments: