Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY Cloth pull-ups

A few weeks ago I was at the store buying pull ups and I had an epiphany. I was trying to figure out a way to save money on Pull Ups when it hit me to make some out of cloth. People use cloth diapers so why not cloth Pull Ups right?

I came home and searched on Pinterest and found just what I was looking for. There was already a tutorial made HERE.

I used the same pattern from the blog. I purchased it on Etsy from That Darn Kat.

I unfortunately don't have a Serger so I just sewed the underwear with a straight stitch and then a zig zag stitch around the edges. That way it gave it a nice finished seam.

I made six pairs. All of them look the same. I used the girl pattern instead of the boy because it was easier to add my layers of flannel and the waterproof material. My three-year-old looks so cute in them but I don't want to post pictures of my little boy in his underwear on the Internet.

I also used Ribbing on the waist band and legs instead of the Interlock Knit material. I got all the supplies from Joanns. It cost me about $20.00 and I have material left over. The pattern cost me about $10.00. We are still going to use the pull ups at night because he pees so much during the night but this has eliminated his use of pull ups during his nap and he doesn't poop in these. He didn't have a problem pooping in the Pull Ups because they were more like a diaper.

No comments: