Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Spy Quilt


 About a year ago I got together with some friends to do a block swap. What you do is make 20 of the same block and then you exchange it with your friends. You will end up with 20 different blocks in the end. 


We decided on a Summer theme before we bought our fabric.

 It was really fun seeing what everyone came up with. I also love that when I look at each block I think of my friends.


I can't take full credit for this quilt. I didn't come up with the idea. I just participated and my wonderful Mom pieced the top for me and machine quilted it. 

Sorry about the bright light in the picture. There aren't many places I can take pictures in my apartment.

This is the backing. I love this fabric. I got it at Joanns.

Austin loves to play with this quilt. We lay it on the floor and I will tell him things to look for. Bennett also likes to have his tummy time on it. There are a lot of wonderful things to look at. Thanks to all my friends.

2 comments:

McEwens said...

i've been thinking of doing a swap like this for a while. i love the quilt.

Deanna said...

turned out SO cute!!! Way to go!