Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweedish Weave Part 3

In case you missed it...



And now for the big reveal...



This is a Sweedish Weave Afghan I made for my new niece.

The pattern is called Celtic Jewel.

I used three different shades of pink. 


It took me about 50 hours but it was well worth it. I really do enjoy making these.


You may be thinking...50 hours...is she crazy? Yes I may be. I really do love doing it though and I bet I will be a lot quicker now that I have the hang of the pattern.

To finish the edges just sew a small zig-zag stitch on a sewing machine down the two sides where the yarn is hanging off. Then you trim off the excess yarn. If you want a really secure finish you do a double fold hem on the two sides where the yarn was trimmed.

I just wish I could be there in person to give this gift.

16 comments:

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Holy moly my goodness. This is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it! Your time and dedication amazing. Wow.

Anonymous said...

OH MY !!!! This is absolutley fabulous.... I love it.. Thank you so much for linking up with us for Link Up for Pink.....

Dawnyel said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! <3

Deb said...

You are incredibly talented! WOW!

About Us! said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. This is a craft I haven't tried before. Love...Love...Love the different shades of PINK, and adorable pattern. I may have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great job, love it

Angela and Enrique said...

Wow, this is amazing! You are so talented!

angeline said...

So awesome! I watched some of the youtube videos today after seeing this post and I really want to try this! You're my hero!

Katie Kennington said...

ooooooooooooh wow! Is this beautiful blanket coming to my house???? You really are amazing Brielle! What can I send you from Germany? What kind of chocolate do you like??

Diane Hodrick said...

Visiting from link up for pink...what a gorgeous amazing quilt. I absolutely love it!

JustYolie said...

OMGoodness! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! I'm sure she will treasure it!

Thank you for joining Link Up for Pink....can't wait to see your next project...plenty of time to link up! :)
Yolie
www.JustYolie.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Oh WOW... I know what kind of work it take to create something like this, so I know it will be treasured!
Thanks for linking up with us over at LUFP ~Gaby

Esther said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CG said...

This is simply gorgeous. Wow, the time and talent that took! Glad I found you through Link Up for Pink.

Marie Bingaman said...

OMGoodness! What a lucky little niece you have! :)

Marie said...

It turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again on Wednesday!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com